Saturday, February 4, 2012

What's Your Energy?

Dear friends--so looking forward to the opportunity to connect you with each other and have everyone contribute to an on going discussion about how all these parts of ourselves interact. For those of you who are suprised by my blogging--I must admit I am just as surprised. It appears something inside of me has reached critical mass--I know enough about the three disciplines to BEGIN talking about it and trying to understand more. Please join me in this adventure....I welcome your thoughts, comments and insights!

Interesting topic of conversation in class last evening (thank you Eric!) regarding the impact we have on people. This impact is termed differently in various disciplines. In bodywork, this impact is often refered to as "presence," "energy" or "touch." It got me thinking abou the impact I have on others in various contexts: when praying for others--they often experience a sense of peace/or calm; when doing psychotherapy--people feel safe and open up quickly to me; when doing massage work in clinic--more than half fall asleep. Glad they don't fall asleep when I am doing therapy or praying.. :) Hmmmm. So....what is your energy?